Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Wife's Valentine's Day Present.

Today I am giving my wife her Valentine's day present, and my Thursday 13.

Here are 13 reasons why my wife is better than any other woman on the face of this earth. Period.

Here we go:

  1. She thinks first. The total opposite of me. I feel first (shocking, I know).
  2. She reacts on logic, and reality. I act on emotion. That's it. It will take me at least five minutes to think through something. Every one that knows me will attest to that.
  3. She makes almost everything from scratch. I have said before, and I'll say it again:I am surprised I am not 350lbs.
  4. She doesn't need Valentine's Day to be romantic. She has her ways. That's all I am going to say about that. (Forest Gump impression)
  5. She hosts two blogs. That's right two. I only have one. Here (and here) they are if you haven't caught on.
  6. She makes money form her blogs more than I do on mine.
  7. Going along with money, she does the greatest job of living within our means. CVS is just one example, I could do a Thursday 13 on that alone. ( maybe she should.)
  8. If you're a woman's lib. kinda girl(you know who you are) I would skip this one, its going to get you riled up. Here you go. She knows her place. Did it work? Are you fuming? Calm down now. I am not saying this because she is a stay at home mom, and home-schools our children, and cleans up after all 5 of her kids everyday, keeping our house immaculate, a free lance writer, makes money on her blog, etc, etc, etc. (Even though that's what she really does) Remember earlier (number 1) when I said she thinks first, then acts, then she might feel something about it. Before she says or does anything, she lets me know first. It is a little thing, and I almost every time ask "Why did you have to ask me this? Just do it."So there. Calm down, its going to be ok. I'm not as sexist as you thought.
  9. We have been married for 13 years now, doesn't longevity count for something?
  10. This may seem like I am repeating number one, but I don't think so. She is a shaper. Not only does she think first, but she is constantly thinking about the entire big picture. This applies to the farm, our finances, the kids the groceries, everything. She has a plan. You may know how to keep a list, but she knows where that list fits in the big picture. You can see how it helps the poor schlep she married who doesn't think about anything until maybe five minutes after the fact.
  11. Although she thinks about everything, she never thinks about herself first. I can not recall any situation that she has thought of herself first, before thinking about anyone else in the family.
  12. Did I mention that I am surprised every night that I am not 350lbs?
  13. She is really a proverbs 31 woman. If by chance you haven't read that lately, go take a look. Happy Valentine's Day Stephanie. I love You.

9 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

I think that is the best Valentines gift ever, though calling our house immaculate is quite the exaggeration! Love you!

Sandee said...

Great list. I'm not a libber, but I think men should know their place too. I'm sure Stephanie appreciates this dedication to her. Have a great TT and Valentine's Day. :)

SandyCarlson said...

That's a lovely tribute to your wife. God bless.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

She sounds a lot like the Tour Manager, who thinks first and acts with emotion ... almost never. He's a great balance for me.

Congratulations on having such a great relationship. May it last into eternity and beyond.

Unknown said...

Lovely. How refreshing to hear a man speak so openly about matters of the heart.
Happy Valentine's Day!

SJ Reidhead said...

What a sweet gesture. You get my best hubby vote!

SJR
The Pink Flamingo

http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

tasha said...

What a sweet TT! I know your wife is truly grateful for it, and you are a lucky guy! Happy Valentine's Day!

Joyismygoal said...

That was the nicest tribute and a
good list--Have a fun Valentines Day
http://joyismygoal.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You two are very lucky to have one another since you seem to go so well together.

You both know your place or it wouldn't work.