Wednesday, January 23, 2008

An addition to my Spinach pie

Yesterday, my wife made spinach pie for dinner, and baklava for desert. All homemade, by scratch, except for the phyllo dough. It was amazing! I really liked it, the baklava was perfect. So I brought it to work today for my lunch, I even took the baklava. (She had a piece for breakfast.) I shared the baklava with my fellow non dieting co workers and sat down to eat the last of the spinach pie and I ate about half of it when I found this.



You can't see it in the picture very well, but it is a green beetle, chopped in half. You can see the antennae. It was funny, because as I was enjoying my lunch, I saw it and said to myself, "That piece of spinach sure looks like a bug." then I picked up with my fork and almost ate it. Now if you know me very well, you will know that this stuff doesn't affect me, but I couldn't finish the rest of it. oh well, Thanks dear, I thought I would bring this to your attention. And everyone else's...

1 comment:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Ugh! That was store bought spinach. Should we make a complaint? Thanks for embarrassing me to the world! ;)