Sunday, April 23, 2006

I am very slow now.

No it doesn't have anything to do with me turning 30. Thank you all for your kind words. I do feel like I am 30, but My body is just reaching adulthood. I think I can now say that I am out of puberty. and I know I can't eat everything and the kitchen sink now. I have been married for 11 years and have 4 kids and a minivan( hopefully not much longer) I think I can classify us as yuppies because sometimes I feel like it, but I live in WV in the middle of nowhere. Anyway I think I have all that on my plate. That is what 30 feels like I guess. I am ok with that.


Stephanie told me that I have many stories to tell working on the road like I do and I should share them with everyone. They are good stories, I forget that I am in the middle of WV, Southern OH and KY. So here goes.

Oh and I will take pictures when I can and if its appropriate (that really doesn't matter :)

Thursday I am in KY, my the last stop and Last week the whole state was CATS testing so many students were in the band room during the day. While I was talking to the teacher a student comes up to us to ask us a question and while he is asking us, he digs into his pants pocket, pulls out his skoal, and puts a nice big dip in his cheek, talking to me and the teacher at the same time. The teacher answers his question and then he and I continue to walk out side to my car to buy something and for him to have a smoke break(ironically). Outside I asked him if It is a pre-requisite to use tobacco if you are going to school in KY... Taking a drag he answered "yeah, pretty much, Some teachers are ok with it as long as they keep it in a cup, some don't allow it though." I thought that was funny.....

I will try to post more stories Ask me about how many ways you can recycle your old Big satellite dishes....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, let's hear it. People in this state aren't very creative about that.
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

It's hard to beleive what our schools have come to..Seems like everything that's wrong is right. Pupils (and it seems teachers also) can chew, dip, smoke, ect. and it's fine but let someone want to pray or read the Bible and that's when trouble begins...no way can you bring up anything about our Savior!

Anonymous said...

It's like a double standard here I think. Tobacco - especially dip and chew - is very popular. But we were driving along yesterday and there was a billboard with a hugh picture of the a local school's wrestling team on it - and the caption....."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Only in WV!!!

Linda

Stephanie Appleton said...

I hope you can get pictures of the satelite dishes!