Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cavs deal

The cavs cut a deal just before the trade deadline today. They got Ben Wallace, Wally Szczerbiak, Seattle point guard Delonte West, Chicago's Joe Smith and a future second-round pick from the Bulls. In return, they gave up Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes along with Cavs reserves Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown, Ira Newble, and Donyell Marshall. You can read more about it here. My first reaction was "Great, we finally got rid of Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, and Ira Newble." It's about time, I think we have been carrying them around for a long time with out seeing any consistency from them at all. I didn't think Larry Hughes was horrible, I didn't think that any of those guys were horrible, just not consistent. Maybe I am just comparing them to LeBron, who just continues to deliver night after night. (Did you see he had TWO triple doubles in a row?) I think Ben will help, it doesn't seem like much of a steal, being the Big Ben is older, and the contract isn't small, it may be just a good above average big man to help Z out. We will see, Szczerbiak I think will help, only time will tell. I do know that Danny Ferry makes a better GM than a player, so I can trust that he may know what he is doing. Maybe, I am just some body now from West Virginia who doesn't have a clue what I am talking about. either way, it is still exciting to see the cavs in the papers and on espn a lot.
elliptical

No comments: