Sunday, February 11, 2007

My weekend as a metrosexual

It's Sunday and this is the first time I could catch a break to sit and post about the weekend. First off, I think my wife deserves the credit for all my success at work, because if it wasn't for her putting up with me and taking care of all the kiddos, then I would be a horrible sales rep.

Now for the weekend:
We arrived weds night and set up the booth at the conference center. (Now this is where it gets good...) We then went to eat at a restaurant called Martini's. I had a water (I was thirsty all day) We ordered the Calamari for an appetizer then for the main course, I had the Shrimp alla Cucina Bella: Penna pasta, jumbo shrimp, sliced asparagus, topped with a creamy goat's milk cheese. It was fabulous. and for dessert I had the tiramisu, that came in a tall wide Martini glass topped with homemade whipped cream. It was nice.


Thursday night I went to Schmidt's German village restaurant.
There I had the Weiner Schnitzel und Gravy, Milk-fed veal cutlets, lightly coated with a crisp breading topped with fresh mushroom burgundy based gravy - a German tradition. That was delicious too. Then here comes the dessert. They served (I ordered) the 1/2 lb Peanut butter Cream puff. This thing wast the size of a softball. no kidding. With dinner came the unexpected surprise of entertainment. There were two guys one playing the accordion, and the other playing the tuba. These guys were great. Both of them were excellent players and never missed a beat. I felt like I was watching Weird Al play the accordion, but only ten times better.

On Friday night, I went to the Heidelberg college reception, and man was that boring, I saw some friends that I hadn't seen in a long time, but I saw them earlier. Luckily my boss calls me, because I was going to meet him at Martini's the restaurant we went to on Weds night. He said that there was a huge wait, so they wanted to go to Mitchell's Steakhouse. I said sure I will meet you at the van ASAP. He asked if I was ok leaving the reception, I just laughed. Let me preface this by saying this was the fanciest restaurant I have ever been too. When we got there the hostess checked our coats. Then another hostess showed us to our table. While sitting down she announced that because we were in dark suits, she would substitute our white napkins for black ones. and did this while we sat. The waitress came and introduced herself, and then after starting the whole ordering sequence of events she would set our place settings before each course came to our table. Everything on the menu was above $25.00. I ordered the 12oz filletMignon (Med Rare, of course) with a side of Jalapeno potatoes, and a cup of Lobster bisque. Of course I couldn't pass up dessert, so I ordered the Drunken turtle cake. Which was a light chocolate mousse topped with a dark chocolate coating and a gold fleck on top, with a pecan Carmel crust. which was unbelievable.

So, yes I went to a convention for work, but I enjoyed the dining experience as well. for all you Wayne county people, the only person I saw and talked to was Gary D. He seemed to be doing well, and looked great. I didn't see any other teachers that I knew personally, I did see Stan W. From Triway( the last I knew, he was there). The boss said he was impressed on how the teachers responded to our service, and was happy to get to meet them.
Now I am back at home, enjoying my time with the family and gearing up for work this week.

See you later,
your metro sexual friend for a weekend,

Tim


metrosexual:

A new name for something quite old. Men with taste & style who know about fashion, art, and culture have always existed. In past centuries, these kinds of men were in the uppercrust of society (more leisure time). Technology has enabled men with more leisure time, so less wealthy males can now fuss over their looks and aesthetics almost as much as women. An American Metrosexual is like your average European male. In France or Italy, men can be manly and work on cars and know about art and fashion at the same time. They are cool with that and don't need some special name for the less "masculine" side. In the U.S. we think men all have to be eithrt dumb gorillas or homosexuals. There is some grey area! There is an emphasis on not being pretentious in america that itself becomes a kind of pretentiousness. Men who dabble in vanity or in lofty romantic concerns seem less like men when in fact, they are probably better lovers to women than their traditional counterpart.

James Bond is very metro in a lot of ways. He aint no sissy but he has excellent taste.
taken from the Urbandictionary.com

No comments: